If you have multiple cosmetic concerns, you might be wondering how many procedures can be combined in one surgery. A mommy makeover or body contouring after significant weight loss are examples of popular combination procedures where 2-3 areas of the body are addressed safely in one surgery.
Is It Safe to Undergo Multiple Plastic Surgeries at Once?
It is generally safe to have multiple plastic surgery procedures at once, but there are limitations, and a few precautions must be kept in mind. These are some of the key factors to consider:
Staying under general anesthesia for too long can increase risk of complications which is why our office typically limits surgery time to 6 hours. If multiple procedures can be performed during this time frame, then combining procedures is a possibility.
One of the benefits of combining plastic surgery procedures is that patients only have to deal with one recovery period. However, it is important to keep in mind that recovery may take longer when combining procedures. Make sure to arrange adequate recovery time with your work schedule and upcoming events.
From a cost perspective, there are pros and cons to combining plastic surgery procedures. Patients only have to pay once for certain facility or anesthesia expenses so in the long run, you will be saving money. However, there is a much higher up-front expense if you address multiple areas at the same time. Your financial situation may determine whether it is better to combine procedures or schedule them at different times.
What Procedures Are Combined in a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover addresses all the areas of a woman’s body affected by pregnancy and breastfeeding. One of the most popular combinations is breast surgery with a tummy tuck, but there are many procedures to choose from depending on your specific goals. Possible procedures that can be combined include:
- Breast Lift: Tighten and reshape the breast to restore a youthful appearance after breastfeeding has caused them to sag.
- Breast Augmentation: Enhance the size of your breasts or restore lost volume in the upper pole that may occur after breastfeeding.
- Breast Reduction: Remove uncomfortable heavy breast tissue when pregnancy causes an increase in the size of your breasts.
- Tummy Tuck: Tighten the abdominal wall that has been stretched by childbirth and eliminate sagging folds of excess skin.
- Labiaplasty: Rejuvenate the folds of skin around the vagina to boost your confidence or improve your comfort.
- Liposuction: Eliminate stubborn pockets of fat that are not improving with diet and exercise.
Some procedures can be better combined than others. A consultation with Dr. MacLennan or Dr. Schmidt will help you determine the safest and best combination of procedures for your customized mommy makeover.
Schedule a Consultation
If you feel bothered by the changed appearance of your body after pregnancy, a mommy makeover can rejuvenate your shape and boost your self-confidence. Schedule a consultation today to get started on your customized treatment plan at Mountain Lake Plastic Surgery.